Sunday, September 20, 2009

Back at Home. Crazy Weekend.

Sorry that it took me so long to make this update. A lot of people have been asking me to do a post but it has been a crazy weekend. Elsa came home from Lutheran on Friday evening. She has been slowly improving since then. She still feels really uncomfortable, but she is acting more like herself and its nice to see her walking around a little bit.
Tadd's 6th birthday was Saturday, so it was nice that my mom was home for that. We had a family dinner and Tadd opened presents. My mom was able to get out of the house a little bit on Saturday to shop and today for the Johnny Appleseed Festival. 

We saw some random people at Johnny Appleseed that we hadn't seen in a long time and don't know very well and they of course asked how we were doing. My mom told them about Elsa and it just sucks to have to talk to people about it when they don't really want to hear bad news and they don't understand that we are serious and it really is bad. People just don't really seem to understand what it is like and they think that just because we are continuing to live our lives that things are fine. I am so over this whole thing and I want it to be over. 
WAY TO BE NEGATIVE, KATHERINE :) Thats me being real.

We are hoping to have a nice week at home with Elsa before another round of Chemo at Riley a week from Monday.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Katherine and family,
    I am praying for you and your family. I recently WON a wonderful raffle item via "mattmandi" blogspot (I believe your mom knows the family well.) There were 2 things in addition to winning that raffle that were blessings to me. Of course, who doesn't love to win something?! And since I don't seem to be overly lucky in drawings I was kinda surprised to see my name ... kinda that is. Before I scrolled through the post to see who won, I said a little prayer in my heart to God that if I was on a road that He wanted me to continue traveling down that it would be great if I would know that by having my name drawn ... I was so BLESSED to see my name. It was the reassurance to me that this is where God wants me. The second blessing was knowing that I wanted very much to pass on this blessing to someone who very much would enjoy it as much as me. I am the mom of 3 boys (which made everyone chuckle that I won that particular item I'm sure!) ... but I LOVE the girly girl things and yes, they have beautiful items for moms too ... but in my heart from the start I wanted to share it. The hard part was knowing if this was silly or worthwhile and who might enjoy it most. After reading your blog over the last few days I really feel that I would be so blessed if Elsa would enjoy a few hair things to brighten her day. I am not sure if the chemo will effect her hair or her want to have anything in her hair, but I did see that they have beautiful fabric and lace headbands to which you can clip hairbows that can be used alone also when your girly girl gets more hair or wants a change. She has so many wonderful things though it is beyond fun to look at them all!

    My heart goes out to your family and I know that this is such a small thing compared to the big things you are facing day to day. But I really feel led and would be so blessed if someone that Drew's family knows and whom Drew will someday play with had some beautiful hair things. You can email me at almquist@fmtcs.com if you'd like to claim it and I can arrange something with Kelly the artist to make this happen. (see her shopsite at http://girlygirlbowtique.com) We pray your days are bright and that if anything good can come of this road that it is bringing you all closer to God and that His well will be for Elsa to be strong and make a glorious recovery.

    Bright Days Ahead,
    Valerie
    almyfamilyjournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine..............

    I absolute LOVE that you are being real. All that you are going through as a family, must have a lot of negativity attached to it, it's tough, tougher than most of us could ever imagine. I will continue to pray for God's hand in your lives and for special little Elsa. Keep being real.................

    Julie Deter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ka Ka-

    You've never met me but I'm very fond of your mom and Elsa. My name is Julie and I met part of your amazing family this summer when my daughter and your sister played Wildcat baseball together. I was shocked to hear about Elsa's illness and I want you to know that you all are in my thoughts and prayers. Please, God let that wonderful child be ok.

    ReplyDelete