Monday, August 31, 2009

Sweet Sweet Girl

Yesterday Elsa's breathing tube was removed around 3:30. There were complications later around 7:45, and they put the breathing tube back in to be able to monitor her and have control over her breathing and heart rates. I will give the full story later.
Elsa is stable now. We are going for an MRI sometime this morning. The doctors are doing tests to make sure that there aren't any other problems we aren't aware of. They hope to take the breathing tube out later today or possibly tomorrow. 
Mom and I showered today, so we are feeling a little better and nobody can complain about the way we smell anymore.

The biggest thing that we need right now is a nanny for the next six months. My mom is looking for someone to live in our house to be able to watch the other kids as Elsa is healing when we are at home and when we go to the hospital. If anyone knows of someone who would be a good fit please let us know. We really need to find someone this week.

Please keep Elsa in your thoughts.

3 comments:

  1. we'll be praying for her and the rest of your as well! Tara Floor and Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been working my student connections for possible nannies. Have your Mom check her phone for one name/#. I'll keep looking. Love you-

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katherine,

    I sent your mom an e-mail with a website of local people looking for nanny jobs. The site is run by the MOPS group. Also, I have a call in to my friends who work at the local colleges to see if they know anyone who is looking for this kind of job.

    We are still praying for you guys.

    Lots of love!

    ReplyDelete