Saturday, August 29, 2009

GOOD NEWS

my little sweetlin'

So Chemo has officially started, but it seems a little anticlimactic. Elsa's surgery went well today. They put in a line, which is where they are going to administer all of the Chemo, so that she doesn't have to keep getting stabbed all over her poor little body. They also did a test of the fluid in her spinal column and bone marrow and the preliminary tests came back negative!! That is really excellent news because that makes her stage 3. Anything is better than stage 4 :). After she came out of surgery, they decided to keep her sedated and intubated all day so that they could monitor her and she could get some rest. (She spent all yesterday thrashing in my moms arms.) Cathy came to Indy yesterday, so she was here with my mom after Al left to go home to get some things done back in the real world. I came down to Indy after I got out of class today, so I got here around 7 and Elsa was still knocked out. When my mom said she was sedated I didn't know she meant really sedated I just figured she was taking a nap or something, so I was a little surprised to see her like that, but it ended up being nice. My mom, Cathy and I went to dinner at the hotel across the street after the nurses did their shift change. At dinner we all were crying and it was actually kind of funny (or at least it is now) because our waiter was so normal about it. I guess he probably gets crazy crying ladies a lot. 

Tomorrow will be a different story. They are waking her up tomorrow and letting her breathe on her own, but Elsa will probably be pretty unhappy because of all of the surgery and the Chemo. I brought her a care package with all the Hello Kitty the girl could ever wish for and some nail polish to paint her finger nails. I am so excited to give it to her. 

K Bye

5 comments:

  1. Katherine

    Thanks for keeping everyone posted and knowng how to pray for Elsa. You are doing an amazing job.

    Thanks to everyone for your continual prayers for Elsa, Susan and our family. We know the journey will be hard but joy comes in the morning.

    With sincere appreciation and love
    Al

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo glad to hear some good news! Thank you so much for sharing - I can't stop thinking about you guys. Please tell your mom hello from Melissa and Olivia. Our family is praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for todays update. That is excellent news!! Prayers are going out all over the place for Elsa and the Bowden family. Get some rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the continued updates. It is refreshing to at least hear some good news, lets keep it coming. Prayers are continuing to be said for Elsa, the family, and her doctors.

    Love
    Mandi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for keeping us posted. We are in continuous prayer here for all of you. Anything we can do, please let us know.

    Love,
    Peggy

    ReplyDelete